Sunday, September 13, 2009

Pretty Little Clutch

I can finally start posting again, now that I have my new camera battery. I finally finished a little project after looking through the "Little Birdie Secrets" blog and finding a tutorial on a cute and easy flower- the perfect final touch for my clutch. Bored last weekend, I searched for handbag patterns and came across an online article from Better Homes and Gardens detailing 10 easy to sew totes and bags. There were a few cute patterns, but the clutch caught my eye because I had the perfect fabrics- two remnants that I purchased from JoAnn Fabrics when I was in Ohio this past June. One is a cream taffeta type material with a swirly velour pattern and the other a faux silk material in a great shade of green that reminded me of my senior prom dress. Although I love the finished product, which in total cost me less than $3 to make...I believe the "easy to sew" label was a little deceiving. I don't really consider myself a beginner sewer, however maybe I should because I actually sewed the clutch closed...TWICE! I would highly recommend making your own little clutch, just pay very close attention to the directions and use more common sense than I did. I used hook and eyes to close to purse, as the pattern suggested, but the purse is sturdy enough to use a magnetic closure, toggle, or pretty button.








1 comment: